Floor tiles Beneath laminate in the interior
Floor coverings in modern design are represented by means of a variety of materials, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top position among this elegant assortment is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the rich selection of textures and colours, such floors look spectacular and stylish, and match with almost any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only by their presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it’s frequently used as the primary element for decorating floors.
One of the favorable properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat does not wear off and does not lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in program. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. Products are not afraid of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which in high temperature is able to conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles are not inferior to floors made of natural stone or wood.
However perfect this material is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate may comprise:
- The large cost. The product, which may last over a dozen years is pricey, but in performance, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of two different types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The very first variant of the coat is obtained from the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it’s produced of special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The end result is a lasting and beautiful ending material.
The two types of boards exactly 1poshtoram.ru replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are readily available.