How to build a glass greenhouse yourself
Greenhouse using double-glazed windows is relevant not just in regions with cold climate, but also in other suburban zones such as prolonging the time of fruit-bearing of greenhouse crops or yearlong usage.
The advantages of these glazing are undoubted:
- Excellent thermal insulation will protect crops from early frosts.
- Dual glass averts sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight structure reduces heat loss when heating the greenhouse, and therefore saves electricity.
- Packages won’t suffer with strong winds, rain or hail.
- The service life of glazing together with proper treatment is more than a dozen years.
- The aesthetic appearance of glazing permits you not to conceal the greenhouse from the bathtub, and put in it even in the front yard. Some proprietors of initial contour greenhouses make them of the major decoration of the lawn or garden.
In addition, manufacturers offer you double-glazed windows with a set of necessary functions, such as special coatings for heating and energy conserving , protection against mechanical impacts and reduced temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
System of auto-ventilation of all greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows may be with specific vents for ventilation, which can be outfitted with apparatus with the function of automatic opening. This is extremely convenient, since not always the owners have the opportunity to ventilate the greenhouse in time. By way of example, the French have been using such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the current moment. Rest assured: a glass will become your servant for a long time to come.
- Glass does not keep UV rays, which are essential for rapid plant growth and fruit ripening, so letting you take advantage of the power of sunlight.
- If you use laminated or tempered (thermal) glass, then this arrangement could withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the form of large hail, extreme heat and even strong frost isn’t going to be any problem with the structure ). Furthermore, there is a chance to put in heating apparatus inside them.
Naturally, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that ought to be taken into account when building it. By way of instance, the simple fact that glass is quite heavy substance (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must impact the presence of a good foundation, as well as the building of a solid structure – frame.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a bright day, the transparent coating of greenhouses allows short-wave solar radiation. It’s consumed by black surfaces (ground, equipment, plants), turns right into long-wave radiation and remains within the construction. This very transformation occurs with the launch of heat, which creates a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
So, glass masterseptika.ru windows perfectly allow the sun’s beams within the room and almost completely keep the rear radiation, not permitting it to venture out. In other words, unlike film, glass is the most heat-saving material, which is one of the main features of a fantastic greenhouse.